Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Official Concept

Sorry, guys. I had high hopes for getting at least one thing out this week, but things have just been too crazy. Good news is that the first chapter is pretty much conceptualized- all I have to do is tie my thoughts together into a script and it'll be ready to go. Bad news is that won't be happening for at least a week and a half, since spring break will be spent away from a computer. I won't be able to give you the whole thing on here for a while, either, since I want to get it copyrighted and make the site.

However, I am comfortable telling you guys what the plan for the future is. So here is the official log-line:

Three kids search for an artifact of godlike power, racing against nations, ogres, and their own family to find it.

I'm not going to bore you guys with little details for now, but that should give you an idea of where the book is going. If you're reading this, that also means you get to be one of the first to hear about how you'll be able to affect the story.

Here's the idea: I want Troublemakers to be heavily influenced by reader input. I'd like to give you guys some of the reins on where the story goes and what happens in it. Once things get underway and you guys get an idea of what we'll be working with together, I'll make an e-mail account where you guys can e-mail me ideas you'd like to see happen. The ones that spark something will be pursued, and I'll make forumns available for you guys to continue to refine and direct the concepts that the chapters spring from. I'm also thinking about voting systems and polls as another way of letting you guys take control of the story.

With luck, this means that you guys can not only have fun seeing the story play out, but become involved with the story as a community creation that we can all enjoy. So check back in a week, and stay up to date! You never know when I might open the doors!

1 comment:

Matt Rainwater and Austin Price said...

Your concept stuff is looking pretty sweet. Can't wait to see more in Senior Project!