Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mass update!






Hi, everybody. My internet's down- I don't know why yet, and it doesn't look like it'll be changing soon. So that's why there's a massive addition of stuff today rather than a gradual influx of work over time!

Thought I'd forgotten you, huh? No way! I've got three new images for you: one is some concept work in watercolor. This was especially helpful on the train. I had no idea what I wanted it to look like until I tried this. The next is another advert: this one was made specifically for forumn posts. Finally, page three has made it through inks. This should give you guys an idea for what to expect the art to look like.

Since I'm at the penciling and inking stage of the work for chapter 1, it's hard to come up with stuff to show you that won't take away all the suspense for when you actually read it. So, to make sure you're appetites stay wet, I'm going to start updating with whatever I can find every Friday- for now, we'll start with basic character descriptions, to help you guys get a feel for how things will look in the extended story. I've added some fun extra information too.

We'll start with the main character.

Badrick


Age: 17
Hit: Bugs, cartoons, Mega Force
Miss: Losing, current age
Personal description: superhero
Described by others as: Someone who spends so much time staring dramatically into the distance that he misses what’s in front of him.

Superpower: Super strength and durability of varying degrees depending on how high he dials on his earpiece.
Superproblem: a child’s body- his super strength typically only translates to roughly adult strength. Also after five minutes the dial resets, which causes him immobilizing pain and is tough on his body. Dialing to 13 could conceivably kill him.

Pint sized and full of passion, Badrick makes up in determination what he lacks in common sense. A 17 year old stuck in the body of a ten year old, he retains a boys optimism, fascinations, and black and white logic. As the first of the Stars children to be made, he’s the most defective- however, his strong will seems to carry him through most situations.


That's it for now. Check in on Friday!

No comments: