Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hard at work!

Again, no images for the moment. But I can tell you guys a little bit about what I'm thinking.

While I'm sticking to my guns about the story itself, I've been starting to give some thought to the look of TR. For this I've started thinking about what comics and video games have always grabbed me in terms of design. I arrived, eventually, at three video games: Final Fantasy IX, Shadow of the Colossus, and the Jak games from Naughty Dog. If I put these three together, I get a detail oriented look with a lot of old masonry, rusty metal, ancient temples and a steam punk edge. I've started looking at a lot of old Cambodian temples from the Khmer civilization and referencing and sketching them- I'll scan some of the sketches next week, and you guys can follow as I begin putting together some cityscapes.

No comments: